Monday, August 10, 2009

First Code Geass R2 Bundle is Seven Episodes - Not Nine

Just a quick post to confirm what everyone has been asking all day via e-mail. The first Code Geass R2 bundle is indeed 7 episodes and 175 Minutes, not 9 episodes and 225 minutes as it was originally solicited. They totally slipped this past us under the radar, so I apologize that we did not have the correct stats and episode counts listed on the site until last night.

In response to this discrepancy, Bandai says that the DVD info included in the original solicitation mailer sent out to retailers was incorrect. R2 is going to be released as four parts (probably 7 ,6 ,6, and 6 eps) , not three (9, 8, and 8 eps) as was originally planned. The first DVD bundle contains seven episodes, and the subsequent parts will have six episodes each. Bandai does, however, "apologize for the initial information regarding Part 1 being incorrect in the mailer”, and did make it clear that their solicitation mailers state 'all specifications are subject to change without notice'.

And so they did. They do love surprises over there. :-)

Update: I'd also like to note that the most recent mailer (that Bandai sent us last week) for their October releases indicates that the 2nd Code Geass R2DVD bundle will be 225 minutes (9 eps), however, this is incorrect, it will actually be 6 episodes and 150 minutes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"They totally slipped this past us under the radar, so I apologize that we did not have the correct stats and episode counts listed on the site until last night."

Which is absolutely not your fault, and you have nothing to apologize for.

It's Bandai's fault, which is why I canceled my preorder of the R2 Part 1 LE from a competing retailer.

I don't reward companies that pull crap like this, and unfortunately retailers are stuck in the middle while Bandai tries to figure out WTF they are doing.

Robert said...

I'm suprised they did not include this information prior to the release in the 'changes' section of the latest mailer that came out last week.

DJTyrant said...

Well, shit, I'm stuck with it at this point. I know we emailed back and forth today, but man I feel a little screwed to be honest (not your fault). I know it's only $30, but to set a precedence with the first season and really pull a fast one like that is pretty unacceptable. But I'm stuck, so I'll just keep buying since I want to finish R2.

Richard J. said...

DJTyrant, at least you're not an LE buyer. We've been hosed far worse.

DJTyrant said...

Hmmm, I should have said because I did grab the LE; very disappointed at how lackluster it is after first seasons LEs were really well done IMO.