Friday, January 05, 2007

Busier than a One Armed Paper Hanger

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks. I actually took some time off over the holidays, and now I'm paying for it.

I started the year behind on paperwork, and things have just snowballed as the beginning of every year means lots of things hit that can't be put off. End of year inventory is one. That's huge. Certain business tax filings are another (like payroll filings so the employees can get their W2's before the end of January). Then there are the endless meetings and paperwork for insurance renewals, employee benefits package reviews, business license renewals (and the dreaded form 6 for declaring our assets so they can be taxed - yet again), annual meetings with the shippers to try to stave off another years worth of annual increases, renewing our vendor contracts - stuff like that. I've have at least one meeting with someone every day next week except for Friday. For the first two weeks of January the business allows me to focus about 90% on bureaucracy and about 10% on Anime, which sucks frankly. Sometimes it makes me look back on having a real job with nostalgia. Well, not really. That sucked too - but that sucked ALL year.

Anyway, I'm still up at 2:30am this morning plowing through paperwork, and I'm hoping that after a few more days I can get my head above water and post something meaningful here again.

Happy new year everyone! Watch some Anime for me this week.... :-)

No comments: