Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Otaku's Room - Cool!

Here's how one Otaku lives the life:


As a side note, I love his collection, but I can't help to notice that his figures are suffocating in their original boxes - probably because he read on a forum somewhere that 'true collectors' never take their figures out of the window boxes. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I have felt for a long time that there is this really fine line in some circles between hoarders and collectors. If your figure collection is sitting in the original boxes stacked up in the back of a closet somewhere, you might want to rethink your reasons for collecting in the first place. I mean, this good man doesn't keep his posters in the original mailing tubes, does he? He puts them out for display so he and all around him can enjoy them in all their glory. So I would just like to debunk this 'window box' myth by saying that REAL collectors aren't afraid to touch the shiny parts, and shouldn't care about the potential 'resale' value of their figurines because we will NEVER want to sell them anyway. I have over 800 figurines in my personal collection (they occupy a whole room in my house), and don't have a single window box cluttering up my space. We should collect them to enjoy them. If you prefer to keep them in their boxes, that's fine, but don't be afraid to get rid of them and display your figures openly either - you'll be glad you did. :-)

No comments: