Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Studio Gainax - What Won't they Do...

Gainax recently made public a preview of their upcoming 'Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt' Anime:



An ecchi version of 'Power Puff Girls' is coming to mind (just what we needed) , and I hope this is not a preview of things to come as the industry tries to go in 'new directions'.

It will begin airing in Japan on October 1st. Don't know about you, but I think I'll probably skip this one...

...well, maybe I'll watch an ep or two anyway, you know, just to see.

3 comments:

StevieC54 said...

Oh dear. I hope this is not indicative of how the whole industry in Japan is headed. If so, their goes there export market. It is absolutely horrible! Certainly isn't any Mitsudomoe! '-)

If I wanted bad character design, terrible animation, and (I'll assume) horrible scripts, I would watch juvenile US animation.

I have no urge to watch this P.O.S.

thwobble said...

Looks like absolute rubbish and symptomatic of why the industry is rapidly going down the pan. When, oh when, will we get some INTELLIGENT anime series instead of this vacuous rubbish?

Starcade said...

Unfortunately for both Robert and Stevie, it's EXACTLY where the industry is going. And why I basically have completely stopped buying anime of any kind (and I don't download or fansub either -- I just don't watch the new garbage).

About the only thing I would buy, they are putting up legally on Funimation.com -- we'll see what they charge for the Kaleido Star season with the Layla OVA before I decide on that one.