Just a heads up everyone, we're discontinuing PayPal as a payment method on the store site as of today.
We've been having a quite a few issues with PayPal in recent weeks, and unfortunately I no longer feel comfortable accepting PayPal as a payment method on the store site. I know a lot of people are going to write in and ask why, so let me list a few of the many trouble areas we've had with them:
1) Paypal has the highest processing fees of any merchant service.
2) Paypal has terrible customer service when there is a transaction issue.
3) PayPal's API integration with our web store has been buggy and they do not support it well.
4) PayPal hates Anime. They seem to think all Anime = porn.
5) PayPal makes us capture funds for all orders upfront at the time of the transaction, which cause a great deal of issues if are like us and deal with a large volume of pre-orders.
6) PayPal does not have a good mechanism for handling split shipments or future order changes that require additional shipping and handling charges.
7) Under PayPal's user agreement, they can do anything they like anytime, including restricting access to your funds in your PayPal account for any reason. PayPal balances and transactions are not subject to banking regulations, so users have little recourse when an issue arises.
8) PayPal's commercial account terms of service holds us responsible for all fraudulent transactions even if the user is verified with no real avenue of recourse for disputes.
I could go on and on, but the last one is the by far the most troubling on our end, and has caused the most issues recently.
Right now only about 6% of our customers currently choose to use PayPal as a payment method to place orders, so most of you will no be effected by this anyway. If you do have a PayPal account, we can still accept PayPal's debit card, but (at least for the time being) we will no longer accept direct PayPal payments for new orders. As always we continue to accept a ALL major credit and debit cards (including e-cards), and mailed in payments via personal check or money order.
Everyone that has a PayPal account should get a PayPal debit card anyway. Click here for more. It's issued by MasterCard and allows you to use your PP balance anywhere that accepts credit cards, even if they don't take PP directly. And since it's issued through the banking system, PP debit transactions are bound by the same fraud protection rules and fees as everyone else.
I hope this does not cause anyone too much inconvenience, and we want to thank you all very much for your continued business!