Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blog Back Up - Thanks Google

Hey, we're back!

Sometime yesterday Google apparently did an electronic sweep and identified my Blog as a potential SPLOG (or Spam Blog) and automatically took it down. Google sent me an e-mail and I had to go to a screen a jump through a couple of verification hoops and then submit the Blog for review.

How it happened I have no idea, but their algorithm apparently needs further tweaking. About 4 hours later, I find it back on line, so they have seen the err in their ways.

"Hello, Your blog has been reviewed, verified, and cleared for regular use so thatit will no longer appear as potential spam. If you sign out of Blogger andsign back in again, you should be able to post as normal. Thanks for yourpatience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Sincerely, The Blogger Team."

Good, I have a new post in progress so now I can finish it up. We'll, Jamie made Chicken and baked beans tonight for dinner, so maybe later....

UPDATE: Steven Den Beste over at Chizumatic writes:

"Blogspot is a lot like training wheels for a bicycle. A lot of people find out about blogging and decide they want to try it. They may make a few posts, and then lose interest in it. Blogspot is a good place for someone to try blogging out, but if they turn out to be serious and to really want to keep it up, then they should move on, because in the long run Blogspot is worth what you're paying to use it. And we still don't have an explanation for why Google decided to replace Bob's blog with a 404 page written in Japanese."

He's Right, and that's exactly what I've used this space for - a place to try out a Blog in a space that had a reasonable opportunity to gain an audience (in theory). The one thing that I have discovered is that, while I always seem to have a great deal to say, I have very little time to put those thoughts down, or when I do have those thoughts it may be several hours or days later before I have an opportunity to actually write them down and by then they are pretty stale in my mind and I don't want to write about them anymore. Most evenings I get home from the office pretty tired, and 'Post New Blog Entry' is often too far down on my things to do list to make it. If I didn't have a business to run, I'd probably Blog every day.

But I am trying and haven't given it up by any means.

No comments: